Before Jeff Galloway became the official runDisney training consultant, he was a world-class athlete. Jeff competed at the 1972 Olympic Games in the 10,000-meter event. He also broke the U.S. 10-mile record in 1973. More importantly, Jeff has coached over 1 million everyday people to reach their goals as runners, walkers and competitors. His pursuit of an injury-free, marathon-training program led him to design his Run Walk Run® method.
As a lifelong running enthusiast, Jeff remains a competitive runner on the masters circuit. He is also CEO of his own consulting business, owner of 2 running stores, author of numerous books—including the bestseller Galloway’s Book on Running—and he was a magazine columnist for more than 20 years.
Jeff is also a popular inspirational speaker, sharing his running wisdom at hundreds of engagements each year. He says, “It is my mission to help others avoid the aches and pains while experiencing the feelings of accomplishment and pride that running can provide.”
Awards & Honors
Among Jeff’s lifetime achievements:
- Inducted to the Hall of Fame for the Road Runners Club of America and The Westminster School
- Selected as one of 18 Runner’s World Experts in the magazine’s 40th anniversary edition
- Recipient of the Wellstone’s Dallas White Rock Marathon 2006 Victory Award
- Named to the Association of Independent Sports Stores Hall of Fame
- Among 281 notable athletes and coaches included on the Walkway of Fame at Nike headquarters
List of Cities offering Galloway Training Programs
Recent Posts and Updates from Jeff Galloway
Jeff Galloway’s 5K and Half Marathon in Atlanta
Phidippides – Jeff Galloway’s store (books, run-walk-run timer, accessories, running schools, coaching/retreats, shoes)